Monday, March 21, 2011

MASTURBACON!

Yeah, that's right, I combined the words "masturbation" and "bacon" for the title of this post.  I've been locked in a solitary obsession with (fake) bacon lately and this seems like as good a word for it as any.

My point being: remember the waffles and fake bacon I made a while back?  For the past week or so I've been busy perfecting my bacon design* even further...and also figuring out how to make eggs.

When I look at this picture I crave breakfast, so I'm calling this a success.
Let's take a nice close look at the New and Improved bacon, shall we?


Basically I tweaked the colours a little, making the meaty part less maroon than before and the fatty part a bit more yellow.  Also, I made the ends of each strip a bit irregular instead of leaving them totally square.  I think it works really well!

I'll put some fake breakfasts for sale in my store as soon as figure out a few details about packaging, shipping costs, etc. Also, as good as these items look on a plate, the real genius of them is that they're wall-mountable - imagine the double-take your guests would make if they walked into your kitchen to see bacon and eggs in gravity-defying suspension over your breakfast table! - so I definitely need to take some pictures of them hung up.



*Full disclosure: I haven't eaten red meat in years (although I love and miss bacon very much, hence the attempts at homage) and The Boy is a vegetarian.  My prototype bacon was slightly "off" because I was working purely from memory.  This round, however, is the result of actual research.  What did artists ever do before Google Image Search?

3 comments:

  1. Ballsy blog title of the day...week....month?...from me. I love it. You should do one of a cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I couldn't imagine a better item on my kitchen wall. (I gave up pork and beef 20 years ago so I haven't seen any in a while either...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi: I'd try to make fake cake, but this artist already does it perfectly: http://www.etsy.com/listing/56513736/cake-with-message-on-bottom?ref=pr_shop

    Funcky Love: I firmly believe that kitchens should be decorated with food- or drink- themed art. It just makes sense to me. :)

    ReplyDelete