Sunday, March 27, 2011

Shoutout Sunday: Sleepytime Tea

I generally try to use my shoutouts to support small, independent companies and entrepreneurs, but today I just can't help but rave about Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea.

This stuff is made of magic*.  I've been having a hard time sleeping lately due to my brain repeatedly screaming "YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE OUT OF A JOB!" but a cup or two of Sleepytime puts me out like a light and I wake up feeling more refreshed than I'd believed possible.

Also, the package has a drawing of a bear dozing off in an armchair, and this makes me happy. :)

It's hard to describe the taste of Sleepytime; subtle and slightly bitter with a tiny hint of mint, maybe?  Suffice it to say that I find the flavour pleasant, even though I'm not normally a person who likes tea.  And frankly it works so well for me (and I've tried everything from melatonin to prescription sleeping pills!) that I'd drink it even if I didn't like it.

I do notice that my Sleepytime nights tend to be packed end-to-end with dreams...but these are very obviously just meaningless brain-doodles and not anything symbolic or upsetting.  And I did mention that I wake up in the morning feeling better than I've ever felt in my life, right?

Please remember that Sleepytime - like any sleep aid - works best when you're taking time to quietly de-stress before bed.  Very, very few people can go skydiving and then immediately go home and doze off, tea or no tea.  You have to hold up your end of the bargain by allowing yourself some peaceful relaxation time for an hour or so before you plan to go to bed; then have some tea to give you that extra little push into sleep.

Sleepytime Tea is gluten free, caffeine free, calorie free, and kosher certified.  It can be found in most grocery stores.


*And by "magic" I mean: Chamomile, spearmint, West Indian lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

No comments:

Post a Comment