Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In Which My Subconscious is a Crackhead

Sometimes while I'm sleeping I'll get an idea for an invention, art project, etc.  The idea always seems brilliant and groundbreaking at the time, but when I wake up I quickly realize that it's...not.

This morning, between The Boy leaving for work and my alarm going off, I dozed off and my brain invented a piece of performance art called "Dorothy Parker's Origami".  It's done on the subway for some reason, and involves one performer loudly reciting a cynical poem about love while bending a second performer's body into various symbolically expressive poses. 

Based on what I know of Dorothy Parker's poetry, the "origami" person would always end up in the foetal position.

This is actually not too bad of an idea, in that I could picture someone actually doing it.  Most of the ideas from my slumbering brain are the kind where, in the cold light of day, I laugh and laugh and wonder what the hell is wrong with me.  I can't remember any of those right now (probably because they made no logical sense at all) but if I ever do, I'll post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment