Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shoutout Sunday: Greenbelts

Today I'd like to direct you to the Etsy store Greenbelts.  Owner Shannon Ritscher makes the coolest leather wrist cuffs, dog collars*, and more - all out of recycled leather adorned with studs, buttons, or other interesting doohickeys.  I've bought two wrist cuffs from her so far (one of which has an old fashioned metal faucet handle bolted to it!) and will no doubt be back for more!

Ritscher's customer service is top-notch: I got a thank-you email after each of my orders and both items arrived quickly.  Also, I've just reread her profile on Etsy and am reminded she started marketing her craft to an audience when she was pushing 40 - same as me.  So now I think she's even cooler. :)

So yeah.  Want some funky, edgy leather accessories?  Something a little different from the offerings at your typical leather goods or Hot Topic store?  Greenbelts is the place!

*The more enterprising among you will have realized that a medium or large dog collar can easily become a decorative people-collar.  You know, if you like that look.  The Boy and I sure do!

2 comments: