Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ugh.

Last night I didn't get to bed until 3am because I got some ideas for new things to make and sell.  One idea: painted trinket boxes (imagine a beautiful fine-art painting you can keep things in!).  Another idea: wall clocks with stuff painted on the face.  And finally: a lot of people seem to love this painting I did:


...and I love it too, and plan to paint other impaled insects soon...and last night I think I figured out a way of affixing a jeweled "pin" right to the canvas so the paintings will have a 3D element!

So I was excitedly working out the details of all these projects and I couldn't get my brain to shut off.

Then (after going to bed at 3am, remember) I woke up at 6am to go to the bathroom and as I was peeing my brain whispered, "Psst!  We should line the trinket boxes with fabric!" and I was like SHUT UP BRAIN I NEED TO GO BACK TO SLEEP and my brain was like "Oh yeah, totally.  So I was thinking maybe fun fur because it doesn't fray."  SHUT UP BRAIN SHUT UP NOW.  "Hey, how accurate are those clock movements from the hardware store, anyway?  D'you think there's a price range?  Would a more expensive one keep better time?"  OH MY GOD BRAIN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

This internal dialogue went on for another four hours.  I wanted to sleep; I was trying to sleep; but it just.  Wasn't.  Happening.

At 10am I gave up and got out of bed.

I'm tired and pissy and kind of stupified right now, but it could be worse - I could also be at work.  Because, you know what?  This hyped-up artistic insomnia thing isn't a new development for me; it's been happening periodically my entire life, including when I had to go to school or work the next day.  At least now I can take an afternoon nap if the opportunity presents itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment