Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Let's Hear it for The Boy!

I think everyone has a decade they never really got over.  For me, it's the '80s.  I can't help it; neon colours and synthesizer music comprise some of my first memories (in 1980, I would've been seven years old) and I guess I just imprinted on them like a little baby duckling.  Big hair and poufy skirts give me pangs of nostalgia to this day.

I mention this because the Boy has chin-length, naturally curly hair and he recently got me to shave the sides off.  I have discovered that when he flips all his remaining hair to one side, it cascades asymmetrically into his face.  You guys!  It's like the lead singer from Simply Red and the lead singer from Information Society had a really hot quasi-goth baby!

The hotness is so palpable, it's not even subjective anymore.  It's scientifically provable.  Here, I'll show my work:








I've triple-checked the math and it's definitely accurate.

Now if only The Boy would take singing lessons, learn to play keyboards, and start up a synthpop band, I could die happy.

Aw, who am I kidding, I'd settle for him putting on some eyeliner and lipsynching badly to Depeche Mode in our living room. IN FACT I'M GOING TO ASK HIM TO DO THAT RIGHT NOW.

***

While I'm in the next room being gyrated at, please feel free to amuse yourselves by browsing my Artfire store.  There are 70 items in there now - including a totally radical painting of an asymmetrical '80s-style wig on a stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment