Monday, October 17, 2011

Apparently, Sylar only makes waffles for the boys.

The Boy informed me via Facebook today that actor Zachary Quinto - famous to nerds everywhere for his roles in Heroes and the recent Star Trek movie - is gay.
































The remarks about chicken noises and Chicken Ladies are a reference to some old Kids in the Hall comedy sketches, by the way. You can watch this video to fully understand the joke if you want to, but the gist is that the mental picture of Zachary Quinto gettin' it on with dudes is appealing to me, and The Boy knew it would be.  Finally: an indication that Zachary is doing the horizontal mambo with guys in real life and not just in my badly written Star Trek slash fiction*!

All lechery aside, I have to say that the closet is a terrible place to live and I'm genuinely happy to see Quinto come out and live a freer, more open life.  Maybe young, unhappy LGBT folks will be inspired by him (and other out-and-famous people, of course) and realize that it really does get better.


*I'm kidding!  I don't actually write bad Star Trek slashfic.  I write exquisite Star Trek slashfic.  Young Spock/Spock Prime anachronistic pseudo-twincest FTW!***

**I'm still kidding.  Nimoy is way too old to make my tribble purr.

*****

Pridebot approves of people coming out of the closet and bravely living the lives they were meant to live!  Please go visit Pridebot (and other robots!) in my Artfire store.  You can enter the code SHESAIDPOPBLOG at checkout to get 15% off your first purchase!  (Offer expires December 31, 2011).
Pop art - LGBT pride robot - original acrylic painting 4x4 inches
p.s. I also carry life-sized paintings of waffles.
Whimsical pop art waffle - life sized - fun quirky original painting

No comments:

Post a Comment