Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sick

The Boy recently had a cold, and now I've caught it.  I'm in the very beginning stages where I'm not sick per se but my skin feels like it doesn't fit right and there's something wonky going on with my teeth.  Also, I have the phantom sweats...do you know what I'm talking about?  I feel like the back of my neck is sweating but when I touch it, it's perfectly dry.  It's disconcerting.

Call me cocky, but I really didn't think I'd get this cold.  My immune system is kickass and The Boy has had a few different colds and flus during our cohabitation that never took up residence in my body (and I took no precautions...I would continue to kiss him, share silverware with him, etc.).  The Boy has an interesting theory about this: he says that if I still had my office job (and therefore interacted with hundreds of people every day) my body would've been exposed to the germs little by little and had a chance to produce antibodies.  As it is, he's the main person I have contact with, and that contact involves makeouts, so the germs ambushed me.

I'm gonna go lie down now.  It feels like I have spiders inside my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment