Thursday, June 16, 2011

Diary of a Trailblazer: That'll Teach Me.

So as mentioned in a previous post, I've been working like mad to get my Artfire store into shape - until Canada Post started having labour disputes, and then I switched most of my energies to Zazzle instead.  Even when I wasn't scanning/photographing/editing artwork for either of those things, I was aware that I should be doing it.  And as a result, I haven't been able to paint in a while because it felt like goofing off.

Bottling up my urge to paint made me all kinds of wonky.  I've been feeling twitchy and restless all the time and my sleep cycles have gone all haywire and I've been  having kind of a panicky feeling in my gut.

But yesterday I forced myself to stop angsting on the store setup stuff and just sit down and paint.  By the end of the day I was all euphoric and giggly.  Imagine being in a threesome with two of the hottest people you've ever seen: that was approximately how I felt.  Now imagine telling your best friend every steamy-hot detail: that was my tone of voice when The Boy came home and I told him, "I painted today!" 

And last night I slept better than I have in ages.

Y'know how most people have certain life lessons that won't stick, so they have to keep learning them over and over again?  "WITHOUT CREATIVITY YOU WILL FALL APART" is one of mine.  I don't know how I keep forgetting it, but I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment