Friday, July 15, 2011

HAPPY BIRCHDAY, EVERYONE!


Since the Toronto Cat Rescue doesn't know my cat Birch's actual date of birth (they found him abandoned on the street), they randomly assigned him July 15th.  He's (probably, as far as a vet can figure out) four now.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIRCHY!

To celebrate, I'm giving him a pouch of fancy wet cat food.  Also, The Boy has just finished stuffing his flirty little nightie with fake boobs and serenading Birch with "Happy Birthday, Feline Resident" in a breathy Marilyn Monroe voice.

Yeah, I know odds are 364:1 that it's not Birch's actual birthday.  Also, I know that cats don't have any concept of birthdays and to him this is just "Hey, wet food!  Awesome!  Why is Daddy singing?".  But he's a cherished member of the family and this is as good a day as any to let him know how much we love him.

Life is too short to take people (or pets) for granted.  You should go tell someone how much you love them, too. 

Go!



GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Birch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys!

    I think Birch had a good day. I've been periodically doling out portions from a pouch of fancy moist-food-with-gravy and every time he eats some, he comes over to "thank" me with cuddles. Such a good boy. :D

    ReplyDelete